One of our core values is eco-responsibility. Our big dream goal is for a zero waste operation. We're not there yet but we're going to strive for it while always maintaining a food-safe environment.
To that end we:-
- Use glass bottles for our juices and shots.
- We tried #2 plastic/HDPE bottles, especially for freezing the juice because we didn't realize we could freeze in glass (we were wrong!). However, we weren't happy with the way the plastic behaved on defrosting - too much distortion because of differences in thicknesses in the bottle walls. So, we went back to glass and we're much happier and the bottles are fine in the freezer.
- We encourage our customers to return their bottles and receive Juice Club points to get a discount on future purchases. Those bottles will be sanitized and reused.
- Our ice lollies are packaged in glassine and paper bags - no plastic used at all.
- we compost all our peelings and pulp wastage. None of our wastage goes into landfill and we use it to grow more delicious produce. Could you use some pulp for your compost? We'll share!
- Aim to reuse and recycle caps and labels where we can. Caps are a particular challenge but we will continue to experiment.
- Will innovate and continually try new ideas. How about a 'bring your own container' program? What about ideas for what to do with all that pulp? Any bright ideas? Let us know!